Sunday, March 27, 2011

Been A While

     It's been a while since I've written anything so I thought I'd pop in.  I used to do the blog thing sort of regularly after Katrina, but back then I had plenty to write about, now days not so much.  As usual, the world here stops for Mardi Gras.  I remember a few years before the storm we had a new superintendent for the public school, the guy was from somewhere in the Northeast.  I remember the combination of amusement and outrage when he announced that giving the kids time off from school for Mardi Gras was a waste of time and he was going to put it to a stop.  The poor thing had no idea what he was doing.  Fast forward to his first Mardi Gras where of course the local press found him on the parade route, covered in beads grinning from ear to ear and saying how foolish he had been.

     Anyways, for the past few weeks I've been working on shrimp costumes, dealing with mom, her surgeries, her doctors, and her spring gardening, then there is my own spring gardening and the building of a patio cover, DIY of course.  The thing is far from finished, but I'll bet the cats are going to love having the shade and the famous lawn furniture to sleep on, (we couldn't agree on a sofa and so we lived on the lawn furniture for a few years).

     One day this blog will be more organized, put together, yada, yada, yada.  Today is not that day.  TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment