Saturday, October 22, 2011

Today is Election Day!! Hooray!!!



I have been drowning in political fliers.  I have been bombarded with calls.  I have had to interrupt my quiet evenings to answer my door only to find strangers who want to stand there and talk my evening away.  I hate the time that leads up to election day.

I'm not one of those who blows off her civic duty; I vote in every election.  Yes, every election, even the ones where you are just voting for dog catcher.  I make the effort to actually know what and who I'm voting for.  So fliers, phone calls, and interrupting my evening aren't going to help.  I've already done my research.  If I want to talk to you, I'll call you, knock on your door or send you a letter.

So, today will be the end of the constant barrage of harassment, (I hope), and I'm going to celebrate with a nice evening of nothing going on and a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment