Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hooray Bargins!

     I love, Love, LOVE a bargain.  Mama taught me from early on that when you hit the stores, you head straight back and look for that sale rack.  That practice, along with the one where you have to put your hands behind your back in those, "you break it you buy it" stores, has been so deeply ingrained that it would take years of therapy to break me of the habit.

     Any who, I got a $10 coupon from STAGE for Christmas.  The great thing about STAGE coupons is that you can use them on sale items, and so I went forth and got myself a shirt and two necklaces for a mere $2.59!  How you ask?  Everything was 70% off and then there was an additional 33% off of the marked down price, and then there was the $10 coupon.  That's three items for $2.59 which is $.90 less than what I paid for the orange thrifted skirt pictured below.

Thrifted Goodwill skirt, (100% linen), and a busy kitty.  To be honest I don't know why I made this purchase a couple weeks ago, but I'd like to think it was some internal voice saying, "in three weeks you will buy an orange/red/green/white shirt which will go perfectly well with me."

What was once a $12 necklace ended up costing me $ .46!

From $24 to $ .92!

This was the best bargain in the lot.  Original price: $39.  I paid $1.00. 

The receipt  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment