Monday, April 30, 2012

It's Swarming

Yup it's a termite swarm.

This past week and a half has been horrendous.  J and Sis #3 have had to make the decision on putting their mom in hospice, I think we got two speeding tickets, (damn traffic cameras),  I've blown my little 5 lb weight loss and as we were coming home from the hospice facility we discover that the Formosan termites are swarming early, a vent is off of the soffit, and the lights are on.  In case you didn't know, the GNO (Greater New Orleans), area is plagued with Formosan termite swarms that can be so bad that it looks like it has snowed.

On the way home, the highway was covered in white drifts of the darn things.  It's bad this year.  These pests are drawn to the light so the general practice is that all of the GNO area neighborhoods are left dark during this brief and yet oh so anxious period.  Neighbors call one another reminding each other to turn out the lights.  I remember one year Dad was really put out with the people next door; they had left their lights on and weren't home.  I remember Dad swearing up and down we were going to get termites because of it.

I don't know why I'm writing this, to tell you the truth I'm bored by it, but while I've got ten minutes I figured I'd put something up.  Perhaps it's my perpetual headache or J's understandable depression, but I just can't seem to be motivated about anything and so we are all stuck with this stupid post on termites.  Sorry.  I'm sure it will get better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment