Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday:


Well this hasn't been a good eating week.  We've spent a lot of time at the hospital and then hospice which of course leads to eating out.  We've hit Louisiana Pizza Kitchen, Five Happiness, Burger King, McDonald's, the hospital coffee shop, etc.  Well you get the point, it hasn't exactly been healthy low calorie eating.  This week's challenge was temptation to do a lot of stress eating.  I haven't been keeping track of my calories on Spark People been too busy and scatter brained.  I will say that watching the calories has really helped me.  If this had been two months ago, I'd be eating all kinds of cake saying, "what the heck," to myself.  Today I'm saying, "Careful with the calories."  So here's the skinny, (lovin' me some puns):

Exercise:  Just a bit.
Water:  about 4 glasses a day.  I'm trying, but it's hard to keep up with it when you are constantly on the go.
Food:  Lots of eating out.  I did some portion control, but it's not easy to eat skinny when eating out.
Confession:  I ate an entire Big Mac meal.
Congratulations:  I haven't given in to the temptation to sit down and eat an entire bag of chips.
Weight loss:  -4 lbs.
Current weight: 145
Dream weight:  115




I'm not upset by this 1lb. gain.  I've chosen to be lenient on myself seeing how difficult things are at this time.  I haven't been scarfing down snacks.  I've said no to myself and I've for the most part been choosing the lighter option when it comes to dining.  I see where counting those calories and drinking that water is effective for me.  Shoot, I've even started doing the Sheila exercise method to try and offset some of this eating.  I think for someone who is heading to hospice every day to feed her MIL I'm not doing bad.  I'm not doing bad at all, (food wise that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment